WJEC QCF Qualifications in Languages
21 May 2012
From September 2012, WJEC are offering a suite of QCF qualifications in six languages. (French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese and Mandarin) They are available at Entry 3, Level 1 and Level 2. Each qualification is either one credit (10 learning hours) or two credits (20 learning hours). The qualifications cover assessment of skills in oral communication (speaking and understanding) and written communication (reading and writing). They cover five themes: Communicating Personal Information, Social Activities, Organising and Planning, Giving and Receiving Information and Instructions and Education and Employment.
These qualifications are ideal:
- for covering the 20-hour language requirement of the Foundation, Intermediate and Advanced Welsh Baccalaureate Diplomas
- in engaging learners to study modern foreign languages for the English Baccalaureate
- as a platform for learners to progress to other language qualifications e.g. GCSE, A Level and NVQs
- in complementing vocational qualifications, e.g. leisure and tourism, hospitality, business and financefor employed individuals working in an international environment
- for adult community learners to improve their language skills
- for any individual wishing to gain a level of proficiency in a language(s) for pleasure.
For further information please contact:
Karl Sage, Subject Officer for Modern Foreign Languages Telephone: 029 2026 5124 E-mail: email@example.com
There will be a session devoted to these new qualifications at our annual conference: Languages Wales - Skills that work for Wales.