How can the CILT Cymru
team support you?
CILT Cymru provides a comprehensive programme of support and continuing professional development for anyone involved in the teaching and learning of modern foreign languages in Wales.
Support for developing Primary Modern Foreign Languages includes:
• Getting Started: Guidance to Support the Introduction of a Modern Foreign Language in Key Stage 2 and Step by Step DVD;
• Specialist advisory support for both secondary MFL teachers and primary non-specialists;
• CPD on good practice in getting started / developing primary MFL and in early language learning methodology;
• Opportunities for intensive language tuition here in Wales and job-shadowing in a primary school abroad through the 2 Week Primary Teachers' Project;
• Primary-focused web pages on CILT Cymru website containing details of training events, good practice, latest developments in primary MFL, links to resources;
• A section of the CILT Cymru newsletter devoted to primary MFL;
• A drop-in resource centre housing a constantly updated bank of materials in all media.
For more information or to find out how we can best support you / your LEA / teachers in your area, contact our Language Teaching Advisory Team:
Carolyn Goodwin: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nia Gwyn Jones: email@example.com