CPD training menu 2013 - 2014
Bespoke training opportunities for language teachers in Wales
Your training for your needs
In order to provide teachers with flexible access to professional development, CILT Cymru continues to provide a menu of CPD opportunities in a variety of formats. Training can be accessed by schools or groups of schools, LEAs or consortia. We can provide full days, half days, single twilight sessions or a series of twilight sessions, as required.
We can provide input on a variety of themes, as outlined in this booklet. Each theme has clear links to Welsh Government priorities, the School Effectiveness Framework and/or the Key Questions in the Estyn Inspection Framework. You decide which theme or themes you’d like training on, and when, where and for how long you want it.
If you’d like training on an aspect of MFL teaching and learning that is not listed, please contact us, and we will be delighted to create a training package that fits your needs.
Full details of the menu will be sent to secondary schools The menu and request form are available here to download. For further information and to book training, please contact Kristina Hedges, Programme Manager: Kristina.email@example.com
Tel: 029 2026 5406
- Primary MFL – getting started
- Developing literacy skills across languages
- Implementing the National Literacy and Numeracy Framework - how can MFL support numeracy?
- Languages for All: supporting learners with additional learning needs in MFL
- Developing pupils oracy skills
- Developing thinking skills in the MFL classroom
- Creativity in the curriculum - using songs and film to bring MFL to life
- Using ICT in MFL
- Making it real - practical strategies to engage pupils in MFL
- Challenge strategies to improve communication in MFL
- GCSE Controlled Assessment – developing confident speakers and writers
- Inspiring success in GCSE Listening and Reading
- Getting started with NVQ language units
- Embedding language learning in the Welsh Baccalaureate
- Effective AS & A Level teaching
- Let's hear it for the boys! inspiring engagement and achievement amongst boys in MFL